Evaluated by: David B. Kaminsky, M.D., FIAC, June 2, 2018
Original release date: July 3, 2018
Access to this course expires on: June 2, 2021
Faculty: Roderick H.W. Simpson, Bsc, MB ChB, MMed (Anat Path), FRCPath Learning Objectives:
- Recognise metaplastic Warthin’s tumour in the correct clinical setting. FISH testing for MAML2 gene rearrangement is negative.
- Recognize SPA.
- Recognise malignant change in a pleomorphic adenoma and to assess its significance.
- Recognise that genetic translocations can be used in the diagnosis of mucoepidermoid carcinoma.
- Provide prognostic information in a case of acinic cell carcinoma.
- Identify MASC and its differentiation from acinic cell carcinoma.
- Provide prognostic information in a case of adenoid cystic carcinoma.
- Provide prognostic information in a case of polymorphous (low grade) adenocarcinoma (PLGA).
- Identify EMC and its differentiation from other tumours.
- Identify HCCC and its differentiation from other tumours, particularly those composed largely of clear cells.
- Identify SDC.